Set up supplemental feeds for multi-client accounts
This feature is only available for retailers who have already opted-in and is temporarily unavailable for new retailers.
Supplemental feeds allow you to apply feed rules and supplemental Content API feeds to multiple sub-accounts at the same time. When you set up a supplemental feed, your product data will only be updated when the supplemental feed contains IDs that are in a primary feed. The benefits of setting up supplemental feeds include:
- Add or override custom labels for campaign management
- Add or override promotion IDs for retail promotions
- Override titles
- Exclude specific products (via the excluded destination
- Add missing Global Trade Item Number (GTIN)
- Add local inventory product data
- Only Content API supplemental feeds can be created at the main account level.
- Supplemental feeds are registered through rules, so supplemental feeds only work together with multi-client account rules.
Create new supplemental feeds
Steps to create a new supplemental feed:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Under Products in the navigation menu, click Rules and supplemental feeds, then click the "Supplemental feeds" tab.
- Click the plus icon .
- Name your feed.
- Click Create feed.
- At the top, turn the toggle on to override rules and supplemental feed data from sub-accounts. This will apply feed rules and supplemental feed data to all sub-accounts.
- If there is a sub-account you'd like to exclude, enter the sub-account information in "Excluded sub-accounts".
Note: You can add the supplemental data for multi-client account supplemental feeds at the sub-account level through the Content API by using
product.insert. This can be done by referring to the
feedIdof the supplemental feed created in the parent account.
Post a Comment