How to fix: Incorrect value: Google product category [google_product_category]
One or more of your products has been detected to be a book, but has not been identified as such using the correct category for the Google product category
[google_product_category] attribute. Either the Google product category
[google_product_category] has not been set, or it has been set to the wrong category. As a result, the offer has been disapproved.
To fix this issue, set the value for the Google product category
[google_product_category] attribute to
Media > Books, Media > Books > Audiobooks, or Media > Books > Print Books.
It is possible that we may have mistakenly detected that your offer was a book. Check the offer title and description to help ensure your products are correctly categorized.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products from the navigation panel.
- On the Diagnostics page, click the Item Issues tab to see the current issues affecting your products.
- Click the filter icon to filter by destination and select Buy on Google.
- Click the download button to the right of the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
- Find the issue under the "Issue" column, then click the download button in the right-hand column.
- Find the issue under the "Issue" column, then click View examples in the "Affected items" column.
Step 2: Submit a Google product category for books
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
"Issue title" = Invalid value: Google product category
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID), and make sure each product is using the Google product category
[google_product_category]attribute, as well as the correct book-related value.
- If you believe your offer was mistakenly identified as a book, check the offer title and description. Certain identifying terms could incorrectly indicate that the product is a book. You can try removing or replacing these terms.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you've updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you've fixed the issue by making sure it's no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.
Post a Comment