cPanel: Protect your domain
Why do I need to do this?
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How this works
A Beginner's Guide to Signing up for Google Workspace
Every domain (like your-company.com) has a set of DNS records that can be viewed by anyone on the internet. DNS records tell computers how to find your website and where to deliver your company's email messages.
- You'll copy a verification code from the Google Workspace setup tool.
- You'll sign in to your domain registrar and paste the verification code in to the DNS records for your domain.
- Once your domain registrar publishes your verification code, we'll know you are the owner of your domain.
I'm an advanced user–give me some technical details
You're about to add a TXT record to the DNS settings at your domain registrar. This is the easiest method for most new Google Workspace administrators.
If you prefer a different verification method, you can also use the setup tool to:
- add a CNAME record at your domain registrar. This is similar to the TXT verification method described below.
- If your domain doesn't have MX records for an existing email provider, you might be able to use an MX record to confirm your domain ownership. Note: The setup tool only offers this option if it determines your domain is eligible for this verification method.
To use one of these other verification methods, click Switch verification methods when you open the setup tool.
Before you begin
This won't be easy, but we're here to help.
DNS records have been around since the beginning of the internet. This can be a challenging task, and the steps are different for each domain. We've tried to make this chore as easy as possible, but you may get frustrated.
Please read carefully, and we'll help you get through this!
You'll need to sign in to your registrar
Before you get started, make sure you have the account ID and password you need to sign in to your registrar. Contact your registrar if you need help with that account.
Open the Google Workspace setup tool
You must use the Google Workspace setup tool to complete this task. If you don't already have it open in another tab, click below to open it.
Important: We strongly suggest you follow the instructions in the setup tool and only return to this page if you need additional information.
I get an error when I click the blue button
The setup tool is for Google Workspace and Cloud Identity administrators only. It doesn't work with any other Google product.
Make sure you're signing in with an admin account.
How to add your verification code
| || |
| || |
| || |
Tell Google to verify your code
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.
Post a Comment