Clean up & troubleshoot your Google storage
You can clear storage space in your account through Google One.
Use the Storage Manager
Manage storage through Google One
- On your computer, go to Google One.
- Under "Clean up space," click View.
- Under the category that you want to manage, click Review and clean up.
- Select the files that you want to remove. You can also click the file to view.
- Gmail: To filter by size, at the top right, click the filter icon .
- Drive: To sort files by file attributes, at the top right, use the sorting options:
- Last modified
- File name
- Photos: To save files locally before you remove them from your Google account, click Download.
- After you select your files, at the top right, click Delete. For Photos, click Move to trash.
- To confirm, read the consent wording.
- To continue, check the box.
- To delete selected files, click Permanently delete. For Photos, click Move to trash.
Issues with your storage spaceFamily members use too much shared storage
By default, family members can use any amount of the available storage. If a member uses too much storage, ask them to clear some of their storage.
If you don't want to share your storage with your family, learn how to stop sharing Google One.
It may take up to 24 hours for your new storage to become available after you purchase a new storage plan.
If your storage is still incorrect after 24 hours, sign into your Google Account to see if your payment went through.
If your payment went through, it's been 24 hours since you upgraded, and your storage is still incorrect, try the troubleshooting steps below.
If a charge is applied to your payment card, but you don't find a payment reflected on your Google Account, check if you're signed into multiple Google Accounts. If so, Google One may be purchased on a different account. You can cancel the purchase on that account and repurchase Google One on the desired account. Learn how to cancel purchases on Google One.
Troubleshoot incorrect storage 24 hours after purchase
Tip: If you use an iPhone or iPad, try to close the Google One app, and then reopen it. To learn how to close an app on an iPhone or iPad, contact Apple Support.
Log into your Google Account in private
If you use Google Chrome, try to log into your account using an incognito window. This can force the synchronization of your account with Google servers.
Important: Most browsers have embedded features to navigate in private or incognito. If you're not using Chrome and you require specific instructions for your browser, refer to the browser provider's website.
Restart your phone
Important: Settings can vary by phone. For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
- On most phones, press your phone's Power button for about 30 seconds or until your phone restarts.
- You may need to tap Restart Restart.
Update the app (Android only)
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & devices.
- Under "Updates available," choose to update all apps or a specific app.
Tip: If you change your storage limit, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to apply to your account.
A Google One membership replaces your current storage plan. The storage from your Google One membership becomes your new storage limit and isn't added on top of your existing storage.
If you got storage as part of a promotion, you keep the extra storage.
Learn more about how Google One works with existing storage.
Some files don't count against your storage space. Different products and files are stored differently and have varying file sizes.
If you change your storage limit, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to apply to your account. In these 24 hours, messages you send or receive through Gmail can be affected. Try these troubleshooting steps:
- Sign out of your Google Account, then sign back in.
- Send a test email to yourself.
- If that doesn't work:
- Open an incognito window and log into your Gmail account. Then, try to send an email.
- Use a different browser like Microsoft Edge or Firefox to open your Google Account. Try to send an email.
If you still can't send messages, wait 24 hours and try again.
All your files stay safe, but you can't store anything new. For example:
You can't send or receive messages. Messages sent to you are returned to the sender.
You can't sync or upload new files. You can't create new files in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard. Until you reduce the amount of storage you use, neither you nor anyone else can edit or copy your files. Syncs stop between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive.
You can't back up any photos or videos. If you want to add any more photos and videos, you can clean up Google storage space or buy more Google storage.
If you use the Google One website or another device to sign up for a plan, but you don't buy a plan via the App Store:
- You can download the Google One app onto your Apple device.
- You can't change your Google One plan on your iPhone or iPad.
If you want to adjust your account and manage your membership via the app, you must buy a plan with an Apple subscription.
Step 1: Cancel your Google One plan
On your computer:
- Go to Google One.
- Cancel the Google One plan you previously bought.
Step 2: Buy a Google One plan with an Apple subscription
On your iPhone or iPad:
- Download the Google One app from the App store.
- Open the Google One app .
- On the left, tap Menu Membership plans.
- Select a Google One plan.
- After you pick your plan, in the App Store, confirm your new subscription.
Learn how to manage your Google One storage with a step-by-step guide.
Post a Comment