Google Workspace migration product matrix
Google Workspace offers many migration products for administrators and end users. Depending on your source environment and the number of users to migrate, deciding on the correct strategy can be difficult. These tables can help you choose the best option for moving your email, calendar, contacts, folders, files, and permissions into Google Workspace.
For specific information on each migration product, go to the acronym legend and the table notes.
Administrator products (by source environment)
If you're an administrator who wants to migrate from a supported source environment to Google Workspace, you can use this table to view technical documentation for our migration products. All products are recommended to run optimally within the range of users provided.
End user products (by source data type)
If you're an end user or a member of a small team, you can migrate your email, calendar, and contacts from a supported source environment using these migration products.
|Source / data type||Calendar||Contacts|
|PST files||GWMMO (6)||GWMMO (6)||GWMMO (6)|
|Gmail||Import mail from other email accounts|
|iCalendar (.ics) files||Manual import from the Calendar web UI|
|Comma-separated values (CSV) or vCard (VCF) files||Manual import from the Contacts web UI|
|Mozilla Thunderbird MBOX archives||Mail Importer for Gmail (5)|
- GWMHN: Google Workspace Migration for HCL Notes
- GWMME: Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Exchange
- GWMMO: Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook
(1) When migrating from IMAP, Gmail, or Google Workspace, both GWMME and the data migration service move email and label data only. The transfer doesn't include calendar events and resources, contacts, Google Drive files, Google Sites, or any other non-mail content.
(2) The data migration service offers a simple, self-guided transfer process using the Google Admin console. If you need more control over your migration, GWMME lets you move your data from almost any type of mail server.
(3) Google Workspace Migrate is designed for large customer migrations of 1,001 users or more. Due to the complexity of product installation and configuration, customers below this threshold might find it challenging to use Google Workspace Migrate in their current environment.
(4) Exchange Online and SharePoint Online are hosted solutions you can run as part of the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
(5) Google Workspace support does not offer support for Mail Importer for Gmail.
(6) To migrate calendar events and resources, we only support migration from Exchange server or PST files using the data migration service, GWMME, or GWMMO.
(7) You can use Google Workspace Domain Transfer to merge 2 separate Google Workspace domain environments. It's quick for Google-to-Google migrations, but is not self-service. It's offered from Google Cloud Professional Services. You don't have granular control over what's transferred.
- Migrate your organization's data to Google Workspace
- Is Google Workspace Migrate right for my organization?
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.
Post a Comment