Find & set up devices near you
You can find and set up some devices close to you using your Android phone.
- Some of these steps work only on Android 10 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
- Some of these steps require you to tap the screen.
- Call captioning only works on Pixel phones.
Set up new devices near you
Step 1: Set up your phone
- If you haven't yet, on your phone:
- If you turned off device notifications, turn them on. Learn how to turn on notifications.
Step 2: Set up the new device
You can set up Chromecast, Wear OS watches, other Android phones and tablets, or accessories that work with Fast Pair. Accessories that work with fast pair say so on their boxes. Many also say "Made by Google" or "Made for Google." Find accessories in the Google Store.
- Turn on a new device that isn't set up yet. Put the device in pairing mode.
- Turn on your phone's screen.
- On your phone, you'll get a notification offering to set up the new device.
- Tap the notification.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
Turn notifications on or off
By default, you'll see notifications for nearby devices that you can set up. If you turn off notifications, you can still see devices near you by opening your phone's Settings app.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Google Devices & sharing Devices.
- Turn Scan for nearby devices on or off.
Fix problems setting up devices
- If you don't see a notification, look for the device in your Settings app Google Devices & sharing Devices.
- Check that you're close to the device. Your phone needs to be within 0.5 m (1.6 ft) of accessories that work with Fast Pair.
- Make sure that your phone has Bluetooth and Location turned on.
- Check that your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile network.
Tip: Your phone can't find and set up all devices automatically. If you don't see a device in your Settings app, try connecting in another way, like with Bluetooth. Learn how to turn on Bluetooth.
Post a Comment