Assign admin privileges for the password vaulted apps service
Password vaulted apps were available in Enterprise, Education Standard and Education Plus editions until June 2022. Shutdown of this feature started on September 21, 2022, and will complete by June 21, 2023. Learn more
You can assign administrator privileges for the password vaulted apps service to another admin in your Google Workspace account. When you assign password vaulting privileges to another admin, you automatically give them read access to organizational units, users, and groups in the Admin API.
To assign admin privileges for the password vaulted apps service:
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- In the Admin console, go to Menu AccountAdmin roles.
- Point to a custom administrator role.
Tip: If you need to create a new admin role, see Create a custom role.
- Click View privileges.
- Click Open privileges.
- Under Password Vault, check the Password Vaulting box.
Later, if you uncheck the Password Vaulting box, you need to uncheck the Read boxes under Admin API PrivilegesOrganization Units, Users, and Groups to remove those privileges.
- Click Save.
- Assign the new role to users. For details, see Assign administrator roles to a user.
Post a Comment