Updates to your Chromecast Audio
To enjoy the latest and greatest features available on Chromecast Audio, your device may need to update to the most recent software version. This is done automatically as part of setup so there's nothing you need to do to receive the update.
Note: During the update, Chromecast Audio will not be available to cast. Wait until the update is complete to try to cast.
Here's an overview of what you should expect during the update:
- The Google Home app will provide indication of the setup progress.
- You can use the LED at the back of the Chromecast Audio to verify it's still receiving the update.
- The update typically takes up to 10 minutes. If the update is taking much longer, please check if the device is still updating by checking the LED status. It will be pulsing red while receiving the update.
- If needed, reboot your Chromecast Audio to restart the update..
- Unplug it from the power source, wait one minute, and then plug it back.
If the issue persists, factory reset the device and try to set it up again, preferably on a 2.4 GHz network, if available.