Report on paid and organic search results
About the paid & organic report in Search Ads 360
The paid & organic report (available for Google Ads engine accounts only) shows the search terms that either triggered your ads to appear on Google, triggered Google to display unpaid (organic) search results for your site, or both. This information helps you understand how paid and organic search work together to reach people searching online.
For example, you can use the report to:
- Measure the impact of your ads: Use the report to find queries with only organic clicks and no paid clicks. Then add keywords for the queries to supplement your organic results with an ad. Come back to the report later and see if overall clicks for the query has increased.
- Identify underperforming ads: Use the report to find queries with low paid clicks and high organic clicks. Then you can tailor your ad copy to better match the intention of the query, or to differentiate your ad from your organic results.
Learn more about the paid & organic report from the Google Ads help center.
If you've set up the paid & organic report in Google Ads, you can view and download the report in Search Ads 360.
Search Ads 360 provides other reports that show the search terms entered by users:
- Search terms - Reports on search terms that triggered your ads to appear in any type of engine account. It does not show metrics for unpaid (organic) search results.
- Natural Search - Reports on organic searches, paid search ads, and clicks on display advertising managed by Campaign Manager 360. The Natural Search report uses existing Floodlight tags plus an additional natural search tag that you add to your landing pages. It cannot display the search terms that users enter in Google and other search engines that encrypt data. In addition, you use Campaign Manager 360 Report Builder to pull reports instead of viewing them in Search Ads 360.
The paid & organic report shows only the search terms entered into a Google search. It requires you to link your Google Ads account to Search Console, a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site's presence in Google Search results. Search Console passes the search terms to your Google Ads account. Only people with access to your Search Console, Google Ads, and Search Ads 360 accounts can see the search terms used to read your site.
Keep in mind
- Your organic data is only reported back to the date you linked your Google Ads account to Search Console, so you won't see historical organic data before you established that link.
- The organic data you see is based on all domains managed by the Search Console account you've linked to your Google Ads account. At this time, we don't have a way to filter organic traffic to just a subset of linked domains.
- The Paid & Organic report shows only shows metrics for text ads. It doesn't display metrics for Shopping ads.