With Universal Clipboard, you can copy content such as text, images, photos, and videos on one Apple device, then paste the content on another Apple device.
Set up Universal Clipboard
Use Universal Clipboard with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements. It works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:
- Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- Each device has Bluetooth turned on.
- Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
- Each device has Handoff turned on.
Here's how to turn on Handoff on your devices:
- On your Mac: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click General. Select "Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices."
- On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: Go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn on Handoff.
Use Universal Clipboard
- On one device, copy the text, image, or other content as you normally would.
You can also use Universal Clipboard to copy entire files from one Mac to another. Each Mac requires macOS High Sierra or later.
- The content is automatically added to the clipboard of your other nearby device. It remains there briefly, or until you replace it by copying something else on either device.
- On the other device, paste the content as you normally would.