Learn how to download, install, and use third-party Project Extensions in Photos for macOS.
With third-party Project Extensions for Photos, you can add a variety of powerful tools for creating photo projects and ordering print products. To get started, make sure that your Mac is running macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later. Then download and install extensions from the Mac App Store.
How to find and install Photos Project Extensions
- Open Photos.
- In the Photos menu bar, choose File > Create > [project type] > App Store. The Mac App Store opens and shows available Project Extensions.
- Click an extension to learn more, or click Get to download the extension.
- After the extension downloads, it becomes available as a Project Extension in Photos.
Convert existing projects
You can update or continue to work on your existing Photos projects by converting them using third-party extensions:
- In the Photos sidebar under Projects, select the project that you want to convert.
- In the Photos menu bar, choose File > Create > [project type], then choose the Project Extension that you want to use. The extension shows options for the project, then converts the project into its own format.
- Use the Project Extension's interface within Photos to edit your project and place your order for print products. Click Done in the upper-right corner of Photos when you're finished. The converted project appears in the sidebar along with your original project.
After you convert your projects, you can edit them further and place orders using the extension's interface within Photos.
Create new projects
To create a new Photos project using extensions, follow these steps:
- Select a Memory, Album, or group of photos that you want to use for your project.
- Choose File > Create > [project type], then choose a Project Extension.
- Use the extension's interface to create your project, edit it, and place an order.
You can add more photos to your project after it's created: drag the photos from the Photos view and drop them onto the project's name in the sidebar.
Get help with extensions
If you need help with an extension, contact the developer.
Project Extensions for Photos might not be available in all countries or regions.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Contact the vendor for additional information.