Use music and sound effects from the Audio Library
In the Audio Library in YouTube Studio, you can find royalty-free production music and sound effects to use in your videos.
Open the Audio Library
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Audio library.
You can also access the Audio Library directly at youtube.com/audiolibrary
Search the Audio Library
In the Free music tab, use the filters and search bar to find tracks for your videos.
To find a certain track, enter a track title, artist, or keyword in the search bar. You can also use filters to find music by the track title, genre, mood, artist name, attribution, and duration (length in seconds).
Refine your search results by clicking the filter next to the artist, genre, or mood of individual tracks. You can sort your search results by track title, artist name, duration, or date by clicking their column names.
Save your favorite tracks by clicking the star icon next to the track title. To see a list of your favorite tracks, click the Starred tab.
Find sound effects
In the Sound effects tab, use the filters and search bar to find sound effects for your videos.
To find a certain sound effect, enter a track title or keyword in the search bar. You can also filter sound effects by category and duration (length in seconds).
Play and download audio
To sample a track, click Play . If you like what you hear, hover over the date and click DOWNLOAD to get an MP3 file.
The track will continue to play as you browse the Audio Library. Using the controls on the audio player, you can pause, seek, and play the previous or next track.
If you're using a track with a Creative Commons license, you must credit the artist in your video's description. To generate attribution info you can use:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Audio Library.
- Find the track you want to use.
- Note: To browse all music with a Creative Commons license, click the filter bar > Attribution required.
- In the License type column, click the Creative Commons icon .
- In the pop-up window, click Copy to copy the attribution text. You can now paste this info in your video's description.
If you want to find music that has a standard YouTube Audio Library license that doesn't require attribution, click the filter bar > Attribution not required.
Monetize your video
If you're in the YouTube Partner Program, you can monetize videos with music and sound effects from the Audio Library.
Copyright-safe music and sound effects downloaded from the Audio Library won't be claimed by a rights holder through the Content ID system.
Keep in mind:
- Only music and sound effects from the Audio Library are known to YouTube to be copyright-safe.
- YouTube is not responsible for issues that arise from "royalty-free" music and sound effects from YouTube channels or other music libraries.
- YouTube can't give legal guidance, including guidance on issues with music that can occur off the platform.
- If you have questions about your use of music, you may wish to consult a qualified lawyer.
Learn more about what kind of content you can monetize.