Manage the list of devices that can download and play items that you bought with your Apple ID.
When you subscribe to Apple services or buy content from Apple, the device that you're using becomes associated with your Apple ID. You might want to remove an associated device in these situations:
- If you reach your limit of associations and want to add a new one.
- If you can't redownload purchases from the App Store, Apple TV app, the iTunes Store, and other Apple services.
- If you want to sell or give away an associated device.
Use a Mac or PC to see or remove your associated devices
- On your Mac, open the Apple Music app. Or on your PC, open iTunes for Windows.
- From the menu bar, choose Account > View My Account. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Manage Devices. If no devices are associated with your Apple ID, you won't see this section.
- If you want to remove a device, click Remove. If you can't remove a device, sign out of your Apple ID on that device and try again. If you still can't remove it, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with a different Apple ID.
Remove your associated iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings, tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- Tap View Account.
- Scroll down, then tap Remove This Device.
More about associated devices
You can have ten devices (no more than five computers) associated with your Apple ID for purchases at one time.
When you try to associate a device that was previously associated, you might see a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days." You might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with a different Apple ID.
This list of associated devices is not the same as the list of devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID. You can see where you're signed in on your Apple ID account page.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Contact the vendor for additional information.