You can use Date & Time settings to have your device adjust automatically for time zone changes and daylight saving time. If you see the wrong date, time, or time zone on your device, or if it doesn't automatically adjust for daylight saving time, learn what to do.
Check your settings
See if you still need help after each step:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- Turn on Set Automatically1 in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone. If there's an available time zone update, your device lets you know.
- Allow your device to use its current location to determine the correct time zone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services and select Setting Time Zone.
- Check that your device shows the correct time zone in Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.
If you still need help
If your device still shows an incorrect date, time, or time zone,2 change each setting instead of using Set Automatically. For example, you might have iOS 9 or earlier, and your country or region, or government changes the time zone or the observance of daylight saving time. If so, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Turn off Set Automatically.
- Now you can change the time zone or the date and time:3
- Tap Time Zone and enter a city with the time zone that you need. (Not sure which city to enter? Use the time zone map on timeanddate.com to find a city with a time zone that matches your needs.)
- Or tap the date to change the date and time.
- The option to turn on Set Automatically might not be available with all carriers or in all countries and regions. If the device has a Screen Time passcode, then the option to turn on Set Automatically will be dimmed, or grayed out.
- If the time on your device is wrong after you sync it with your computer, your computer's time might be wrong. Check the time on your computer in System Preferences > Date & Time. You might want to select "Set date and time automatically."
- Manual adjustments to time settings to change app behavior (like game timers) isn't recommended.